See what love the Father has lavished on us letting us be called God's children! For that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it has not known him. Dear friends, we are God's children now; and it has not yet been made clear what we will become. We do know that when he appears, we will be like him; because we will see him as he really is.
And everyone who has this hope in him continues purifying himself, since God is pure.
~I John 3:1-3~


What an indescribable blessing to be called God's children. It's interesting how that connects to and should lead to purifying. I've come across several passages lately about the gradual continual process of becoming more like Him, and this is another one.
ReplyDeleteit was the purification process that struck me when I looked at this passage. It's a choice and response to God's love, and it's an ongoing process of choosing too. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, and for faithfully linking up!
DeleteThis verse made me think of my friend's grandson who was just born yesterday. https://ajarfullofmarigolds.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHaving said sad goodbyes to more friends who went to heaven lately than I'd prefer, the idea of seeing Jesus and being like him has really come home to roost. I would selfishly wish them back into this world, but how could that ever compare with their present ability to be like Jesus because they are "seeing him as he really is."
ReplyDelete