I do think it started to feel very much like fall over the last several days, because it's been cooling off at night just enough so that you almost feel like you want a jacket. You don't really need it, but you kind of want one all the same. And it's been foggy a couple of mornings and that makes it feel and look like fall. There's just the start of the leaves turning too. Something I love to do . . . I guess just looking at fall colors. Fall is the best time for walks in the woods.
Goodness, most of my chores fall through the cracks when I get even a little bit busy! Putting laundry away is the first thing to go, and that's been happening a lot lately. It gets washed and dried and brought upstairs but if we've got a busy schedule, it sits in the basket or in folded piles and doesn't get put away. That is exactly the current situation this week, in fact.
3. What's something you're falling for lately?
I totally fell for the new Peanuts collab stuff from Starbucks and got myself a new mug. I'd been doing so well on not buying new mugs too. I hadn't acquired any new ones since Christmas!
Okay, first let me ask this . . . are all the pumpkin spice drinks actually pumpkin flavored, or are they flavored with the spices we associate with pumpkin pie? Because I don't detect that much pumpkin flavor. Anyway. All that aside, I like both pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavors but I'm honestly just kind of 'meh' about the pumpkin spice seasonal drinks at Starbucks and all the other coffee shops. I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. A good pumpkin roll with cream cheese icing is my favorite, I think. I do like the pumpkin spice chai latte from Starbucks though. That is really good, especially with the cold foam.
High standards. If 90% is the grade required to earn an A and 70% is the grade required to pass the class, that shouldn't change for anybody. If you have to be able to lift a certain number of pounds and run a mile under a certain time in order to pass the fitness qualification to be a firefighter, that's the standard for everyone. Those kinds of standards need to apply regardless of skin color, sex, ethnicity, or any other factor. I also wish that standards for evaluating policy outcomes would remain the same no matter which political party we're talking about, and that journalists would report using the same standard regardless of political party. It is shameful the amount of blatant bias in most media outlets, because it's misleading often to the point of being almost falsehood.
Related to Question #1 - We're hoping for a nice fall day on Saturday, as we are finally going up to Cuyahoga Valley National Park! It's a bit early for full fall colors, but I think we'll get to see some leaves that have already turned.
Related to Question #5 - I'm in the middle of switching over to Linky Tools from InLinkz, following my random thoughts from last week. I kind of wish InLinkz hadn't changed their product because it put me in a position of having to change, but I think I'm actually getting a better deal with Linky Tools anyway which is how the free market works.
What are you falling for this week? Leave a comment and let me know!
I host the Wednesday Quotes link-up every other Wednesday. Stop by and share a few thoughts and quotes on the current topic here: WQ - Best Friends. I host the Everyday Images photo link-up every other Thursday. And find the Scripture and a Snapshot link-up here every Sunday.













No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.