Thursday, September 24, 2026

Everyday Images #97


Welcome to my ongoing challenge and reminder to myself to take photos somewhat regularly. I'm not a photographer, but I enjoy taking everyday photos of things I find interesting or want to remember later, and I'm more likely to notice interesting things when I'm intentionally watching for them. Having some prompts that are open to interpretation has helped me pay a little more attention to what's around me. Here's how it works: Every two weeks I have a few words and phrases to focus on, and I try to find opportunities to take pictures of these things each week. The link-up post will be here every other Thursday, sharing my photos and offering a link-up for participants to share theirs. Right below the link-up is where you'll find the next set of prompts. 

September Prompts - Everyday Images #97
~~~~~

steps
from underneath
morning light
at home (monthly)
beautiful
landmark
chair

~~~~~

steps - technically only one step outside, but then you have to step up into the doorway so I think it works.



from underneath - one of the beautiful views looking up at the ceiling of the Macedonian Orthodox church



morning light



at home (monthly) - not sure the raven lamp will stay in this spot, but for now it has a home in the office/spare room.





 


beautiful - I know I've already featured the Macedonian Orthodox church, but it truly was so beautiful inside. I had trouble picking just one photo to use for this prompt. I added more in the bonus section.



landmark



chair - looks like all the throw blankets are on this one chair at the moment



And a few bonus photos:



The weekend before last we went the Macedonian festival at the Orthodox church not far from us. We love seeing the beautiful interior of the church, with incredible artwork depicting so many Bible stories.  We also thoroughly enjoyed the food. Very similar to Greek food, if you're wondering - North Macedonia is a small country bordered by Greece to the south, Albania to the west, Bulgaria to the east, and I think Serbia to the north.







We got a sampling of desserts to take home and share with friends. Baklava is always my favorite!



For some reason the tidbit of information added to a road sign struck me as funny.


I finally got a squash pie baked, and oh, it was so good!


I went to the Backwoods Fest with friends last weekend and it was a lot of fun. This is a little peek at a Backwoods style food court. We had amazing vegetable soup for lunch, and I was delighted to find a one of the food vendors making fried cornmeal mush which is one of my favorite breakfast type foods.



I sent this photo to my husband and said "thank you, I did!" but in reality I didn't get all that much. Not as much as I wanted to, that's for sure! 





There are often traffic delays right in our neighborhood when I'm trying to get to work in the morning. I think they were trying to get in a row and having trouble aligning themselves. I get it, ducks, I get it.




Maybe the "Welcome" sign should have gone at the beginning of this post, but I'm closing with it just because I like it.


I am sharing my photos every other Thursday, along with my prompts for the next two weeks. You can use all or some of the prompts for your own photo posts, or none of the prompts and just link up a post featuring your photos. Simple rules: Your posts must be family-friendly; the photos must be your own; and the post must be mostly photos. If you do share I'd appreciate a mention and link to A Fresh Cup of Coffee on your post.


The Everyday Images link-up is posted every other Thursday, and is open for two weeks. 


September/October Prompts - Everyday Images #98
~~~~~

Friday focus
rocky
two
at my feet
orange
new and/or used
books

***************
This post may be shared at the You Name It! link party hosted by Life Captured

Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email. 

 ©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/ 

 This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

3 comments:

  1. That church is beautiful! The cigarettes sign as well as the ducks made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that church is incredible! The ducks and the cigarette sign are funny. It's amazing to me how many people still throw their cigarette butts on the ground and just walk away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures from that church are so beautiful! Wow. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.