Welcome to my ongoing challenge and reminder to myself to take photos somewhat regularly. I'm not a photographer, but I enjoy taking everyday photos of things I find interesting or want to remember later, and I'm more likely to notice interesting things when I'm intentionally watching for them. Having some prompts that are open to interpretation has helped me pay a little more attention to what's around me. Here's how it works: Every two weeks I have a few words and phrases to focus on, and I try to find opportunities to take pictures of these things each week. The link-up post will be here every other Thursday, sharing my photos and offering a link-up for participants to share theirs. Right below the link-up is where you'll find the next set of prompts.
September/October Prompts - Everyday Images #98
~~~~~
Friday focus
rocky
two
at my feet
orange
new and/or used
books
~~~~~
Friday focus - I took these photos on Saturday, but it just fit too well! This artistic sculpture consists of old eyeglass lenses strung on the wires criss-crossing the large frame.
rocky - the rocky views from above Brandywine Falls
two
at my feet - our seats for the Blue Jackets home opener were pretty high up, so in a way the game was at my feet.
orange - Google Lens says these tiny orange flowers are Orange Jewelweed. I spotted them on our hike at Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
new and/or used - I really wanted to have photos of my NEW living room furniture, but it's not arriving until later today. If I remember, I'll add a photo later. In the meantime, here is the NEW guest bedframe, as we were working on it . . .

. . . and some of the USED furniture that the previous homeowner left behind. I actually quite like these chairs, and it's saved us from having to furnish the basement and figuring out how to get any of the furniture up and down the stairs.
books - Most of the books are still in boxes or stacked on top of a box, because we haven't figured out where we want the bookshelves. LOL
And a few bonus photos:
We visited Cuyahoga Valley National Park a couple weekends ago.
![]() |
| flower my granddaughter gave me |
![]() |
| I'm glad she didn't want me to hold the salamander she found! |
We hiked the five mile round trip to Brandywine Falls. Can't you just imagine how gorgeous the falls would be when the leaves are in full fall colors?
After the park, we had dinner at a really neat diner called Doodle Drive-in.
The trees are starting to change in our neighborhood.
We went to the Blue Jackets home opener, which they won.
This past Saturday we went to Hanks Texas BBQ in Delaware, Ohio (lots of place references!) to celebrate our oldest son's birthday.
Then we walked around a couple of parks in Delaware, including a really cool art park.
We really loved this chrysanthemum kaleidoscope.
And this piano water feature. The piano is 3D printed.

I'm closing with a photo I took right at the beginning of this two-week cycle. A view of the downtown Columbus skyline seen from The Boathouse where we attended a fundraiser dinner. I absolutely loved this view once it was dark too, but couldn't get a photo.
I am sharing my photos every other Thursday, along with my prompts for the next two weeks. You can use all or some of the prompts for your own photo posts, or none of the prompts and just link up a post featuring your photos. Simple rules: Your posts must be family-friendly; the photos must be your own; and the post must be mostly photos. If you do share I'd appreciate a mention and link to A Fresh Cup of Coffee on your post.
The Everyday Images link-up is posted every other Thursday, and is open for two weeks.
October Prompts - Everyday Images #99
~~~~~
current season (quarterly)
crunchy
leaf
at home (monthly)
mailbox
wild
black & white
***************
This post may be shared at the You Name It! link party hosted by Life Captured
©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/
This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


































I love all the nature photos!
ReplyDeleteThe eyeglass lens sculpture is so neat as is the 3-D printed piano water feature! I also love the mum kaleidoscope. It looks like you had a lovely time at the national park.
ReplyDeleteHow clever: yes, the Blue Jackets game was definitely at your feet!
ReplyDeleteI really like the chairs. I used to have some rather similar in design in red, black, brown and off-white.
Brandywine Falls must surely be beautiful at any time of year!
The Chrysanthemum kaleidoscope is beautiful!
Wonderful photography, all of it. Thank you for sharing — especially the autumn trees. We don’t get that here in Florida, so I really enjoy it when my friends share their views with me!
LOVE so many of them. :-)
ReplyDeleteMy boys are big hockey fans. So those photos made me smile.
I love the mums!!!
xo