Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Flower Hour - Wrapping Up the Alphabet



Wrapping up the floral alphabet with today's post! Thank you, Terri, for a fun challenge!


Water Lilies - whether I see them in carefully planned water gardens or growing wild in ponds, I find these plants so interesting. Especially the neatly turned up edges of the lily pads of some varieties. 









I was okay with multiple water lily photos because I expected to need to give up on the letter X. My entry for X is stretching the "rules" a little bit, because it's not a flower but a plant. And also I'm not entirely sure these are the correct varieties. Xanthosoma is the genus of plants that are commonly called elephant ear plants. Colocasia are also called elephant ears, and the plants are very closely related, but I can't tell the difference, so I decided these are close enough!

Xanthosoma (or maybe colocasia)





Yucca



Zinnia - with a bonus butterfly







Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email. 

 ©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/ 

 This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.