Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Flower Hour - Luck and the Floral Alphabet


My entry for this week's edition of the Floral Alphabet challenge is largely about luck! I knew I had a photo for J and was pretty confident about L but had no idea what I'd do about K. First, there aren't a whole lot of flowers or plants that start with K; and of those, the chances of me having or being able to take a photo of any of them were not good. Well, I found one! Carry on to see!

Star Jasmine

This variety of jasmine is commonly grown as an ornamental plant or houseplant. I love the scent!



Kiwi Aeonium

I was totally prepared to give up on a plant or flower with the letter K, because the only one I thought I might have a photo of was Kalanchoe and my search was unsuccessful. Then Google Lens confidently told me the succulents in the lower half of this photo are Kiwi Aeonium so I went with it. Aeonium or Pinwheel is a species of succulent native to northern Africa and grown as houseplants. One of the cultivars is known as Kiwi. So it was a lucky thing that I had this photo from our visit to the Vincent van Gogh exhibit at the Phipps Conservatory several years ago.

Painters understand nature and love it, and it teaches us to see. ~Vincent van Gogh

My choice for L is the Lily of the Valley, one of my favorite flowers.

Lily of the Valley





Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email

 ©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/ 

 This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.