The "Currently" link-up at the beginning of each month is now hosted at Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa. Our hostess Amy posts a set of action verb prompts for the month and writers respond. So, without further ado, here are this month's prompts and what's happening currently . . .
***********
Savoring - I know there's more to savor than just food, but food was what I first thought of! On Saturday we went up to Huron so we could get a Lake Erie perch dinner. We don't do this very often so I really savored it! (It was our anniversary outing and dinner) On Friday evening we went to the Irish Festival, where we had some delicious Irish stew in a bread bowl, and I brought home some shortbread and scones to savor. And on a previous weekend we savored barbecue and ribs at the Jazz and Rib Fest.
Wrapping up - Feels like summer is wrapping up before we're quite ready. We have things planned on the weekends in August already so I think the month will be over before we know it.
Preparing - for company! In the short term, the sooner I have the house better unpacked and organized, the sooner I can invite friends over for dinner. I'm preparing for overnight company as well. My sister and niece will be coming for a visit in October, and our son and his family will be coming on the same weekend because we all have tickets to see Twenty One Pilots. Yes, it's a couple months out, but the preparation we are doing right now is getting the guest room bed ordered.
Other important preparation is happening with my chorus as we gear up for our send-off show and the International competition in Columbus at the end of October. We have a chorus mini-retreat coming up soon that will focus on preparing for the International stage.
![]() |
Remembering - to make phone calls and write letters and pay bills on time, or trying to anyway! With parts of the house still in boxes and especially the office in an unorganized state, it's a little more challenging for me to keep track of all the things. At least I finally have a wall calendar beside my desk! I promised myself months ago that I would not be using dated planners any more, so instead I'm using undated notebooks to write down my to-do lists and appointments and other things I need to remember.
Organizing - the kitchen and pantry. I've putzed along making little steps towards organization but it's time to really focus. Once I got it to a workable state, I lost momentum, but getting everything ship-shape is part of preparing for company.
*************************
Here's a short Coffee Break Reading List . . .
I'm currently reading . . .
More reading news and recent reviews are at Just A Second.
What's currently happening in your life? Leave a comment and let me know!
This post will be linked at this month's edition of "Currently" hosted by Amy at Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email.
©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/
This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.













The Irish festival sounds so fun - if it was in Dublin, my friend is from there and went, too! I love the little quest for perch. So fun! I need to make an August list to really be intentional about savoring the rest of summer.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!
yes, the Irish festival was in Dublin! We've wanted to go for a couple years so getting the tickets gifted to us was a great way to see it for the first time. We will try to go back next year for sure!
DeleteA summer fun list is a great idea. We kind of do the same.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!