Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Eye of the Tiger




A hodgepodge is a jumble or assortment of things that might not appear to belong together. Joyce at From This Side of the Pond hosts a weekly link-up called Wednesday Hodgepodge that is a little collection of questions for bloggers to answer just for fun and to get to know each other. I always look forward to chatting with friends over coffee, so pour a cup of your favorite and let's visit for a few minutes!



Here are this week's questions - and my answers - for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1.  What was the last thing you celebrated?
 
I guess the last occasion we celebrated was Independence Day. My dad's birthday was earlier this week, but since we weren't with Dad we didn't really celebrate, but I'd sent a card and birthday message. 
 
2. July 29th is International Day of the Tiger. Besides the wild animal itself, when you hear the word tiger what's the first person - place - thing - whatever that comes to mind?

I think of the characters in cartoons and children's stories - Tigger from Winnie-the-Pooh, Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes, Tony the Tiger representing Frosted Flakes, and Daniel Striped Tiger from Mr Rogers' Neighborhood. 

Hobbes at the Cartoon Museum

Tiger plant sculpture at Franklin Park Conservatory

3. The expression 'eye of the tiger' describes someone with intense focus, determination, and the drive to succeed. What area of your life are you currently bringing that kind of energy to?

 I'm trying to bring that energy to chorus as we prepare for International this fall. As I've mentioned before, being consistent and disciplined is where I struggle, and the same is true when it comes to bring the 'eye of the tiger' every day to my rehearsing and memorizing. But the goal is helping SVC to an international title on our home turf this October, and it's worth bringing the energy to that goal!

4.  What was the last meal you cooked?

 Wow, I have to go back a bit! We ate out on the weekend, and I wasn't home for dinner on Monday or Tuesday, so I think the last meal I cooked was Friday? Even that meal wasn't entirely my work, as my husband was home recovering from his surgery, so he did some of it. We had smoked salmon, rice pilaf, and peas.  

5.  Describe your July using EXACTLY five words.

 Hot. Expensive. New house busy-ness.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Wow, this is one of the shortest Hodgepodge posts I've ever written! Usually I'm so wordy! It's been a busy few days as we had a full weekend that included a Saturday chorus workshop, lunch out on Sunday and then a visit to the Jazz & Rib Fest, and then SVC singing the anthem at the Columbus Clippers game last night.




What are you bringing energy to this week? Leave a comment and let me know!



From this Side of the Pond

I host the Wednesday Quotes link-up every other Wednesday. Stop by and share a few thoughts and quotes on the current topic here: WQ - Sunrise. I host the Everyday Images photo link-up every other Thursday. And find the Scripture and a Snapshot link-up here every Sunday.



 Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email

 ©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/ 

 This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.