We continue with the Floral ABCs . . .
![]() |
| Gardenia |
![]() |
| Hydrangea |
Hard to believe, but there was a time when I didn't care for hydrangeas. When I started seeing all the different colors and varieties, I changed my mind. The white ones pictured above grew at my house in Maryland. They are pretty basic, but they are definitely pretty! The last couple years I've enjoyed seeing the interesting color varieties of hydrangeas available at the garden center, and maybe now that I have a house where we can plant something, we'll add one or more of these to the yard.
Hydrangeas are even pretty once they fade and the leaves have dropped, at least in my opinion.
For the letter I, I turned to the Latin name. This is Ipomoea, commonly called Morning Glory.
This post is shared at Second Wind Leisure Perspectives for #TheFlowerHour Photo Challenge.
©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/
This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
.png)









Lovely images, Kym! All those different varieties of hydrangea are gorgeous. I love them, but have a tough time overwintering them here.
ReplyDelete