Each month we're each invited to share things in these categories: something we loved, something that sustained us, something we're carrying forward from this month to the next, and something we're making space for. I usually like to include a little bit of a bonus: Some Things I Read and a little of What's Coming Up Soon.
Some Things I Loved:
Celebrating America's 250th birthday! The first few days of July are always exciting and fun for me, because we celebrate Canada Day and my daughter's birthday as well as Independence Day. This year we couldn't be with our daughter, but the fireworks and such for the 4th had some extra punch because of the milestone birthday. I love fireworks!
We didn't spend a lot of time out there, because it was so hot and I haven't got an umbrella yet, but I love our deck.
Something That Sustained Me:
Practicing patience and discipline. Not that these traits come easily for me, that's why I'm practicing! It was frustrating to realize after moving and vacation that I'd gained back some of the weight I'd worked to lose, so I had to try and get back to a more disciplined way of eating. Still working on that, and it takes patience because losing weight is usually a slow process. I am also practicing discipline with learning choreo and music for chorus. Getting the choreo down and locked in takes work! We're fine tuning details in the music for our competition packages now and it takes attention to detail and discipline to memorize the changes and be confidently correct every time.
Something I'm Carrying Forward:
Medical bills! Ugh. My hubby had a kidney stone so over the past couple weeks he's been dealing with that, and there are bills to pay as a result.
Something I'm Making Space For:
It feels like after the whirlwind of June, and the ups and downs on July, that we are settling into the house and the way our routines work here. Now it's time to make space to work on keeping to a predictable budget, a plan for meals and groceries, and really getting organized.
I'm also trying to make more space in my day for reading again, as I haven't done much lately.
*********************
Some Things I Read:
Finished and reviewed these since my last SFS:
Nothing! I finally posted a review of The Muse of Maiden Lane by Mimi Matthews, but I haven't finished anything else. Just not very much reading going on this summer, sadly. Well, I guess it's not really sad, because it's mostly good things that have been keeping me busy and that's why I haven't turned many pages.
Here are the books I'm currently reading:
Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt - we finally watched the movie, which I loved, so it nudged me to get back to re-reading this lovely novel
Paper Wife by Laila Ibrahim - started and then stalled for a bit, but I'm getting back to it
All of my reading news is at Just A Second if you're interested. (Don't expect much, because there hasn't been any news to post for several weeks)
What's Coming Up Soon?
Our anniversary is coming up at the beginning of August! We haven't got any big plans for celebrating this year, so I think it will be low-key, but next year is our fortieth, so we have started talking about what we want to do. Probably a cruise.
Share something in the comments, or share four somethings with the rest of us in the link party!
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email.
©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/
This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.










No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.