Sharing Coffee

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Stills Monthly Color Challenge - Orange Is the Happiest Color


The Sunday Stills monthly color photo challenge is focused on orange this week. And more specifically the orange shades that are called by the name of another fruit, apricot. 

Orange is red brought nearer to humanity by yellow. ~Wassily Kandinksy

My collection of photos featuring orange or apricot subjects includes:

Monarch butterflies. And orange lantana flowers.



Pumpkins, of course!



Flowers (lilies, Gerbera daisy, Mexican sunflower, bird of paradise)






A sunrise and a sunset. One of each, although arguably almost every sunset photo has a color pallette that features plenty of orange, and a lot of sunrise photos do as well.



I wish I had a better photo, but the Baltimore oriole is orange.


And as I was searching I found this photo of a dark grey house with an apricot door. It's not just any house - this is the house I grew up in. It wasn't this color at all when I lived there. When we visited Calgary three years ago, we drove through my childhood neighborhood and my old home was one of the few original houses still on the street and I love the updates the new owners have made that can be seen from the outside. 


Orange is the happiest color. ~Frank Sinatra




Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email

 ©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/ 

 This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful oranges and apricots everywhere, Kym! The apricot door to your former home is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I really liked the unusual color for that door! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful orange photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate you stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  3. All are so gorgeous. I love the monarchs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Keep the conversation going over a virtual cup of coffee.