Each month we're each invited to share things in these categories: something we loved, something that sustained us, something we're carrying forward from this month to the next, and something we're making space for. I usually like to include a little bit of a bonus: Some Things I Read and a little of What's Coming Up Soon.
Some Things I Loved:
We went back to Maryland for a visit on the Labor Day weekend and I loved catching up with family and friends.
These photos were taken at opposite ends of the month, but I love my grands so much, and I did just mention the trip to Maryland . . .
We went to the Macedonian Festival at the Orthodox church near us and loved seeing the awe-inspiring beauty inside the sanctuary, and we also loved the food!
One place in Ohio we've wanted to visit for years is Cuyahoga Valley National Park, especially Brandywine Falls. We finally made the drive up there on Saturday (which is why I didn't post this on Saturday) and it's beautiful! We loved spending the afternoon hiking and being with our son and his family.
Something That Sustained Me:
It was, at times, a very rainy month, so often it was the hope and promise of better weather, sunny days, and fall colors coming soon. Fitting that this stunning rainbow was waiting for me after one particular downpour.
Something I'm Carrying Forward:
I have chosen the furniture I'm getting for the living room, but as of this writing, I have not actually purchased it, so I'm carrying that forward. Along with an embarrassing number of the projects and organizing I'd meant to have done by now.
Something I'm Making Space For:
Finally got the new mattress ordered and it is arriving tomorrow, so we will quickly be making space to finish getting the guest bedroom fully set up!
*********************
Some Things I Read:
I'm at a really low point for reading these days, spending very little time turning any pages. For lots of reasons. I think it's just the season of life I'm in right now, that I don't have the mindset to focus on reading. As a result my book blog Just A Second has been largely neglected lately.
I finished, but have not yet reviewed Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K White.
What's Coming Up Soon?
Thanksgiving (Canadian edition), family coming to visit, the SVC send-off show, Twenty One Pilots concert . . . all coming up in a couple of weeks!
Share something in the comments, or share four somethings with the rest of us in the link party!
Don't miss a coffee break! Subscribe to A Fresh Cup of Coffee by email.
©2006-2026 HS Coffee Break/Just A Second/A Fresh Cup of Coffee. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. This post was written by a human. https://morecoffeebreaks.blogspot.com/
This post may contain affiliate links - using affiliate links from A Fresh Cup of Coffee helps continue the coffee breaks and conversation. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.














Brandywine Falls are so pretty! The festival sounds like a neat one- the desserts look divine. How wonderful to get to see family including the grandkids. Another busy month for you!
ReplyDeleteThe falls are gorgeous! I think it's completely understandable you haven't had much reading time with all you've had going on. I'm jealous of your upcoming 21 Pilots concert! That will be so fun, I'm sure. They put on such a great show.
ReplyDelete